- 1 ½ cups butternut squash, (peeled and chopped into cubes)
- ½ large sweet onion, (peeled and chopped)
- 12 oz package chickpea macaroni noodles,
- ¼ cup reserved cooking liquid, (from the squash/onion or the noodles...either one will work)
- ¼ cup walnuts, (soaked in hot water for 30 minutes)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (not approved)
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp African bird pepper
- ⅛ tsp paprika (not approved)
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg (not approved)
- ⅛ tsp tumeric (not approved)
- Add butternut squash and onions to a pot and cover with water by at least an inch or two. Bring to a boil, turn down heat to medium and simmer until vegetables are tender (about 15 minutes or so).
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni noodles according to package directions. Reserve ¼ cup cooking liquid once noodles are done cooking and before draining. Place noodles back in pot and set aside.
- When squash and onions are tender, drain (reserving ¼ cup liquid - unless you are reserving the liquid from the noodles), and add them to a high speed blender with the walnuts, lime juice, salt, onion powder, African bird pepper, paprika, nutmeg and reserved cooking liquid from either the noodles or the squash. Blend until completely smooth.
- Add butternut squash sauce to the macaroni noodles and stir, making sure every noodle is covered in sauce.
Creamy Mac N Cheese